English original:Python vs vs Ruby: A Detailed PHP Comparison
There are a wide variety of programming languages, each of which has its own unique advantages. Developers tend to be very particular about programming languages. Therefore, this article will compare the advantages and disadvantages of PHP, Ruby, Python three popular languages from various angles, hoping that you can benefit from it.
Before entering the theme, I would like to share some of the data, this is what I just learned to see the development of Web, although the content is not new enough, but can provide a basis for the comparison of the three languages.
Python vs PHP vs Ruby
- Market demand for PHP is high
- Low availability of PHP
- Python easy to learn and understand
- Python fast
- Ruby is difficult to learn
- High availability of Ruby
The security of a web site / application is largely determined by the programmer, not the programming language. PHP is generally considered unsafe because PHP syntax is not as simple as Python or Ruby syntax. We know that the more complex the grammar, the lower the readability, the greater the chance of error. So, on this point, PHP is most likely to go wrong.
Limitations of the three languages
- There are a variety of naming conventions in the PHP library, and it's hard to remember
- Not suitable for developing desktop applications, difficult to maintain
- Error handling mechanism
- Always bad
- Classes and methods are not abstract and final modifier
- Database access layer is limited
- It is not very good in dealing with multi processor / multi core
- Slow running speed
- Hard to learn
- Lack of information resources
- Compared to other programming languages, processing time (CPU time) is longer
- Slow development and update
- Can be deployed to most web servers, such as Apache, Microsoft IIS, Netscape, personal web server, iPlanet server, etc..
- Suitable for almost every operating system and platform
- Provide a large number of available Extensions and source code
- Rapid development of any type of CMS
- The main development framework: Zend, Yii, Laravel, Codeigniter, etc.
- Easy to learn, suitable for beginners to learn programming
- Rapid prototyping and dynamic semantic functions
- Object oriented programming driven
- Can run on multiple systems and platforms
- The main development framework: Django and Flask, etc..
- Pure OOP (object oriented programming)
- Have a neat, simple syntax, so that new developers are easy to use
- Ruby prepared by the extensible program is easy to maintain
- Ultra rich string and text processing techniques / methods
- Able to use a simple API to write multi-threaded applications
- Ruby basic framework is Rails.
All in all, the three languages have their own advantages and disadvantages:
- PHP and Python is more suitable for novice learning
- PHP is the best language for writing HTML pages
- Python is a general-purpose programming language that can be used to build applications from Web, reptiles, daemons, and desktop GUI applications
- Ruby is best at building Web applications that quickly build a data entity, which allows you to focus more on special features, rather than insert, update, and delete these query operations.