According to foreign reports, by the social media platform Twitter second quarter of the monthly active user growth to investors disappointed, the company's stock price in the regular trading on Thursday plunged more than 14%.
Twitter has a strong appeal to stars and public figures. Although the company invested heavily in new features and live content
Attracting viewers and improving user engagement, Twitter has been struggling to maintain a growing focus on customers since its inception.
Twitter is currently competing with Facebook, Snapchat and other social media platforms compete for advertising budget. The company posted a second-quarter earnings decline on Thursday, with revenue down. The company also told the shareholders of the letter that is expected in the second half of this year's revenue may not be able to resume growth.
As of June 30, 2017, Twitter's monthly average active users of 328 million, consistent with the end of the previous quarter. FactSet data show that market analysts had expected on average, Twitter second quarter average monthly active users of 3.288 million people.
Twitter added about 9 million active users in the first quarter of this year. Since mid-April this year, Twitter investors expect the company's monthly average number of active users will continue to grow since the company's stock price has risen to about 40% cumulative. Social media analysis company Zoomph provides statistics, as the Twitter platform, one of the most active politicians, the United States President Trump since taking office in January this year, the average daily to publish a number of tweets.
"The positive impact of product improvement on monthly average active subscriber growth in the second quarter was influenced by seasonal factors and other factors, resulting in a quarterly average number of active users in the second quarter, which was essentially flat with the previous quarter, and" Anthony Noto said in a news conference call.
In terms of the US market, the number of monthly active users in the second quarter fell to 68 million, down from 70 million in the first quarter. Monthly active access to users is one of the key indicators of social media services and is often used to calculate data that users log in and out of social media platforms within 30 days.
Facebook's earnings report this week showed that the company in the second quarter of the global number of active visitors reached 2.01 billion, an increase of 17% over the same period last year.
Twitter shares on Thursday in the NYSE regular trading fell $ 2.77, down 14.13% to close at $ 16.84. Over the past 52 weeks, Twitter has a minimum share price of $ 14.12 and a maximum share price of $ 25.25. According to Thursday's closing price, Twitter market value of about 12.2 billion US dollars.
- Twitter second quarter revenue of $ 574 million, down 5%. This is also the second time since the listing of Twitter since 2013, quarterly decline.
- A net loss of $ 116 million, net profit margin of -20%, and a diluted loss of $ 0.16 per share, based on US GAAP. Compared with a net loss of $ 107 million, a net profit margin of -18%, and a diluted loss of $ 0.15 per share. Based on non-US GAAP, net profit of $ 56 million, diluted earnings per share of $ 0.08.
- Adjusted EBITDA (EBITDA) was $ 178 million, or 31% of total revenue. While EBITDA for the same period last year was $ 175 million, or 29% of total revenue.
- The average number of active monthly users (MAC) in the second quarter was $ 328 million, up 5% year-on-year, unchanged from $ 328 million in the previous quarter. The average number of active users increased by 12%, the third consecutive quarter to maintain double-digit gains.
- Twitter second quarter advertising revenue fell 8% year on year, to 489 million US dollars, but better than the market expected 458.1 million US dollars.
Thomson Reuters survey, the market analysts had expected the average, not in accordance with the US GAAP, Twitter second quarter earnings per share of 0.05 US dollars, revenue of 5366.2 billion US dollars. Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter (Michael Pachter) said that the second quarter of the performance of Twitter was not impressive. The company's performance is more than expected, mainly to determine the expected value is very low. & Rdquo;