It has been confirmed that the cause of his death was the "head shot wound" caused by an electronic smoke explosion. In addition, about 80% of the 35 year old man was burned, which seemed to have triggered a fire in the bedroom he had found.
In the debris taken from his head, the logo of Smok-E Mountain Mech Works, an electronic cigarette producer in Philippines, was found. A representative of the company told the US ABC news that the electronic cigarette produced will not explode. The problem may lie in batteries.
The company produces a product called mechanical mod, which is usually more direct to the battery than the more common electronic cigarettes, instead of using an internal circuit to regulate the voltage.
Gregory Conley, President of the American electronic cigarette Association, said: "millions of adults often use steam products. Tragedies like this are rare. The vast majority of electronic cigarette devices in the market share the same risk of fire with other products using lithium ion batteries, such as mobile phones and laptop computers.
Last year's report of the US fire department reviewed 195 fires and explosions associated with electronic cigarettes between 2009 and 2016, which did not cause death. The report points out that electronic cigarettes using lithium ion batteries are a "new and unique danger" because they are more likely to explode.