Home > News content

The European Union or mid will pay a price ticket for Android: monopolize Android.

via:博客园     time:2018/7/5 10:08:15     readed:199


Tencent Technology News, the US Internet giant Google has faced three antitrust investigations in the European Commission, including the search engine monopoly case. According to the latest news from foreign media, as early as July 18th, the European Commission will rule on Google’s Android monopoly case, and Google may face another huge ticket.

In the previous ruling, the European Commission ruled that Google used its own search engine advantage to prioritize its own shopping service in the ranking of web pages, which harmed the interests of other comparative shopping service providers. The European Commission has issued a high-priced fine of about $2.8 billion.

According to a Bliss News company quoted a person familiar with the matter, on or before July 18, there will be a meeting of the European Commission (four meetings this month), the agency will make important decisions, which may include information about Google Android An important ruling on the system monopoly.

According to reports, in order to avoid triggering disputes between the EU and the United States, the European Commission may evade other more sensitive time to issue a ticket to Google, including the July 4th National Day of Independence Day, and US President Trump in Belgium. Brussels participated in the NATO meeting on July 11th.

Both Google and the European Commission did not comment on the timing and specific content of the antitrust ruling.

In the antitrust investigation of Android, the European Commission believes that Google has taken advantage of the advantages of Android and signed an unfair pre-installation agreement with smartphone manufacturers. Google strongly demands that mobile phone manufacturers implant a large number of Google's own software and services, including search, maps, browsers, e-mail and so on.

As everyone knows, Android has become the world's largest smartphone operating system. According to statistics from various organizations, Android has covered about 85 percent of the world's smartphones, and Apple's iOS operating system covers the remaining 15 percent.

According to reports, in addition to Google's request for Android phone manufacturers to pre-install their own software, the European Commission's anti-monopoly investigation also includes other relevant content, such as the agreement between smartphone manufacturers and telecom operators, implanting Google search in the device. Services (Telecommunication operators in some countries have a greater say in pre-installation of mobile software).

According to foreign media speculation, the European Commission's ruling may require Google to cancel the pre-installation agreement between Android phone manufacturers, or to re-negotiate the cooperation agreement, while ensuring other mobile Internet software and competitors pre-installed in the mobile phone. Such penalties may reduce the coverage of Google's Internet services and affect its online advertising revenue.

Technology industry analyst Roger Entner said that mandatory Google's offer of alternatives would weaken Google's dominance in the advertising market, and Google's "mobile advertising empire" will stand on a more fair stage with other competitors.

In the United States, Google has gained a good development environment, and the US government regulatory authorities have not proposed “difficulty”. However, in the European Union, Google has encountered enormous regulatory challenges. In addition to the three anti-monopoly investigations, Google has been criticized by many governments for allegedly using tax loopholes to avoid taxation, resulting in disproportionate revenues and taxes in many European countries.

In terms of personal privacy protection, many of Google’s massive collection of user privacy information has also caused controversy in the European Union.

In addition to web search and Android monopoly, another antitrust investigation facing Google is online advertising.

Google and Facebook are the world's two largest online advertising companies, consuming two-thirds of the market. The European Commission alleged that in its ad network services, Google used its dominant position to make unfair demands on external websites that ads from competitor ad networks should not be placed.

When the investigation of the online advertising monopoly case is over, it is not known when the European Commission will make a ruling.

China IT News APP

Download China IT News APP

Please rate this news

The average score will be displayed after you score.

Post comment

Do not see clearly? Click for a new code.

User comments