Home > News content

In 2019, mobile phone users worldwide will spend twice as much money on App as at the box office.

via:博客园     time:2018/12/6 17:44:15     readed:294


2018 is the 10th anniversary of App Store and Google Play, and what changes will the existing mobile application market make in the next 10 years? Recently, Mobile Application Analysis PlatformAppAnnieSeveral trends in 2019 are given.


The picture is from:Unsplash

According to AppAnnie's forecast, in 2019, the consumer spending of App Store will reach 12.2 billion US dollars, which is about twice the current global box office size. Game accounts for about 75% of the total expenditure, which means that it is still the mainstream of making money. In addition, there are payments from mobile e-commerce, or purchases and purchases from App and App. Taxi trip and so on.


_Global App Store User Expenditure Compound Growth Rate of 29% in 3 Years

Specifically, users can spend more than 60% of the total game market on mobile games, which means that devices like PC, host or handheld can only split up the remaining 40%.

This trend has benefited from the maturity of mobile games, especially the rise of multi-player games such as Jedi Survival and Fortress Night this year, which are gradually filling in the gaps that mobile games could not cover in the past.


_Mobile game user spending will account for 60% of the overall market.

On the other hand, with the progress of technology, many popular games are no longer limited to a single host platform, so in 2019, cross-platform interconnected games will become more common, which is also a particularly attractive market for developers.

Of course, there is also a recreational game market that can not be ignored. Although the "light players" they are facing bring relatively low profits to the game, developers can still continue to attract users through some highly sticky designs.

However, AppAnnie also mentioned the current suspension of game licences in the Chinese market. As the largest spender in the App market, if this phenomenon is not alleviated next year, the spending of Chinese hand-game players may also decline in 2019.


Harry Potter: The Wizard Alliance is expected to attract $100 million a month after its launch

It is worth noting that in 2019, the mobile game market will also usher in a new blockbuster, which is a new AR Tour from Niantic, Harry Potter: Wizard Alliance. According to AppAnnie's forecast, user spending is expected to exceed $100 million within 30 days of the launch.

Of course, this achievement is a little worse than the previous two weeks of Going in the Elf Dream, but considering that the IP value of the Dream is significantly greater than that of Harry Potter, for Harry Potter AR Tour, as long as it can attract loyal fans accumulated over the past few years, it can also become a very topical game.


_The number of apps that are profitable through advertising in App will grow by 60% in 2019.

Mobile has spawned a lot of expenditure, and has encouraged advertisers to choose App more. In the United States, for example, mobile advertising sales have outpaced TV advertising. In addition, according to AppAnnie's forecast, the number of apps that make profits through advertising in App will also increase by 60% in 2019. As people spend more time using various Apps, advertisers will try their best to expose them.


From 2016 to 2019, mobile users'spending on entertainment apps has increased by 520%.

In terms of usage habits, we still can not ignore the preemption of user time by video applications. According to Zenith SupervisorJonathan BarnardAccording to the media consumption forecast, in 2018, the average daily media consumption time of the mass users has reached 7. 5 hours

AppAnnie says that by 2019, 10 minutes of people's hourly media consumption will be spent watching videos, which will be driven mainly by short videos, such as tremble, including short videos in social apps like Instagram and Snapchat. In addition, online video service providers such as Netflix will continue to consolidate their position through cooperation and content bundling.

In a word, in a short time, we still can't get rid of the attention control of all kinds of consumption content. Of course, if you can, you can try to brush your mobile phone a few minutes less before going to bed.


China IT News APP

Download China IT News APP

Please rate this news

The average score will be displayed after you score.

Post comment

Do not see clearly? Click for a new code.

User comments