Science and technology are the primary productive forces. Now we all know the importance of science and technology. Recently, a number of US lawmakers jointly launched a bill called "endless frontier act". In the next five years, they will spend $100 billion to develop ten key technologies, including chips, AI Artificial Intelligence, etc.
Under the act, the National Science Foundation (NSF) will be renamed the national science and Technology Foundation (ntsf), and it is proposed to set up a technology bureau within ntsf to promote technology in 10 key focus areas.
The 10 areas involved are:
1. Artificial intelligence and machine learning
2. High performance computing, semiconductor and advanced computer hardware
3. Quantum computing and information system
4. Robots, automation and advanced manufacturing
5. Natural or man-made disaster prevention
6. advanced communications technology
7. Biotechnology, genomics and synthetic biology
8. Advanced energy technology
9. Network security, data storage and data management technology
10. Materials science, engineering and exploration related to other key technology areas
In order to promote the implementation of the program, the United States will take a variety of measures, including increasing university research funding, providing Undergraduate Scholarships, developing test beds and manufacturing facilities, promoting advanced technology from the laboratory to the market, and establishing an ecosystem.
Although the Bill didn't specify specific targets, from the moment it was released, the industry knew that it was aimed at China, and the U.S. move was intended to ensure the technology leading advantage for Chinese companies.