Windows insider members for beta and release preview channels, todayMicrosoft released a cumulative update kb4586853 for windows 10 October 2020 (20h2), with build 19042.662 after installation.
The main update for this December release should include the update on Tuesday
● updated Internet Explorer about dialog boxes to use standard modern dialog boxes.
● fixed a problem that caused narrator to stop responding after unlocking the device if narrator was used before locking the device.
● fixed a problem where local account groups could not be displayed in localized languages even if you deployed language packs.
● fixed a black screen when Windows virtual desktop (WVD) users try to log in.
* fixed a memory leak caused by some com APIs.
● fixed the problem of unable to display Microsoft Xbox Game Bar application controls on the supported display. This problem occurs in some MicrosoftDirectX®9.0(DX9) games with variable refresh rates enabled on these monitors.
● fixed a problem that prevented the touch keyboard from opening in a universal windows platform (uwp) application when connecting a USB device.
The problem of USB 3.0 hub is solved. When you set the device to hibernate or restart the device, devices connected to the hub may stop working.
● fixed the problem of clipping the touch keyboard when using remote desktop connection on devices with different screen resolutions.
● fixed excessive network traffic when you used the open file dialog box in file explorer and browsed to a shared folder with the previous version feature.
● fixed a problem that caused the immgetcompositionstring() function to return full width hiragana when using the Microsoft input method editor (IME) for Japanese instead of returning half width katakana.
● fixed a problem that prevented applications from receiving shift and Ctrl keystroke events when using Bopomofo, Changjie, or ime.
* fixed the problem of randomly changing the input focus of edit control when using Japanese ime or traditional Chinese IME.
● fixed a problem that prevented you from logging in to some servers. This happens when you enable group policy to force the start of a computer session to be interactive.
● fixed the problem that desktop wallpaper could not be set to GPO configuration when the local background was specified as solid color.
● fixed a problem with the Microsoft Pinyin input method, which accidentally eliminated the candidate pane when you typed some phrases.
● fixed a problem where shift key input events could not be sent to the application when using Japanese ime.
● fixed a problem with incorrect display of kaomoji on Emoji panel.
● fixed a problem that caused the touch keyboard to be unstable in email applications.
● fixed the problem of entering unexpected characters (e.g. half width Hiragana) while ime was in kana input mode.
● fixed possible failure to pair some MIDI devices connected with Bluetooth low power (LE).
● fixed a runtime error that caused Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6) to stop working when duplicate windows messages were sent to windowproc().
● fixed a problem that generated a 0x57 error when updating event forward subscriptions using the wecutil SS / C: command.
● fixed a problem that caused the application to fail to call the lookupaccountsid() API. This happens when the account is migrated to a new domain with a name shorter than the previous domain name.
● fixed a problem where loading code integrity policies resulted in a large amount of memory being leaked by PowerShell.
● fixed a problem that caused the system to stop working during startup. This happens when the crashonauditfail policy is set to 1 and command line parameter auditing is turned on.
● fixed a problem that caused the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) group policy application to stop working when you were editing group policy security settings. The error message is "MMC failed to initialize the snap in."
The system could not be rebooted to fix the problem